Now that you have made an important decision about seeking treatment, the next step is to make the most of your first visit. The goals of the first visit are to establish a relationship between you and your doctor, allow the doctor to collect all necessary information for an accurate diagnosis. During this visit you and your doctor will discuss treatment objectives and come up with a plan of care.
To make your first visit the most productive, please review and complete the following checklist prior to your visit:
1. Complete and Sign the “Release of Medical Records” form for each healthcare provider whom you have seen for the cause of your visit with us. Please include your Primary Care Physician as their office may have important medical records, including, but not limited to, lab and imaging test results. Please download the form here and print the required number of copies. If your visit is scheduled less than 14 days from today’s date, please ask the respective provider to expedite the release of records so that we have time to review them prior to your appointment.
2. If you have copies of records, including lab results, imaging (e.g. x-rays, MRI report), pre and post-surgical notes as well as any other relevant documents—please provide them to our office. You may send them to our secure fax line, mail or bring them to the office ahead of time.
3. Complete and Sign the “Health History Questionnaire” so that the doctor may review it prior to your visit. This is an extensive questionnaire and will take some time and effort to complete; however, it is very important for us to collect complete and accurate information to ensure the best quality of care.
4. Prepare a list of questions you would like to ask the doctor. The initial visit is the perfect time to have all your questions answered to achieve the highest comfort level with the doctor.
5. Please allow up to 2 hours for this visit. In addition to the evaluation, the doctor may offer a treatment at the time of your visit. If you are pressed for time, it may reduce the benefits of this visit.
6. Comprehensive Care Consultants is a Fee-for-Service Practice. Please have your payment ready at the time of the appointment. We accept cash, personal checks and all major credit cards. If you need to make alternative payment arrangements, please contact our office at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you have a PPO plan with “out of network” benefits, we will be happy to bill your insurance company and only collect the “patient portion” from you.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (650) 276-5171 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions for a prompt response.